If you read my previous post about my night time skincare routine you will know I used to always be rather lazy in the evenings using just baby wipes to ‘cleanse’ my face until I discovered the importance of looking after my skin morning and night. Despite my laziness in the past I have always been one to take care of my skin in the mornings. I change up my routine now and again but these are the products I am using at the moment.
1) Whilst I’m in the shower I wet my face then pour a small amount of Philosophy’s ‘Purity’ 3-in-1 cleanser onto my hand and then massage it into my face and then rinse it off. Feeling squeaky clean! Read about this product on my night time routine post here.
2) I then dry my face and spritz a couple of sprays of the Dermalogica ‘Multi Active Toner’ on to my face and neck to help close my pores and smooth out my skin. I’ve used this toner for around 5 years now and haven’t had any problems with it. I love Dermalogica’s products because they are gentle on the skin. This toner is suitable for all skin types and has no artificial fragrances or colours added. It is made up of lavender, mint balm, aloe vera, cucumber, arnica, and moister binding humectants. I definitely recommend Dermalogica products if you have sensitive skin.
3) Next I use Una Brennan’s Super Facialist ‘Vitamin C+ Glow Boost Skin Serum’*. I squeeze out a pea sized amount in to my hand and swipe it over my face. I like using a product like this as it adds a brightened glow to your skin. It smells like oranges because of the vitamin C so makes you feel fresh and wake. The cream itself has tiny sparkly particles which helps add the glow I believe. On days when I need an extra boost I have been replacing the Una Brennan product with the Time Bomb ‘Complexion Cocktail with a Shot of B12’ *. I soak a cotton pad in the light pink liquid and wipe it all over my face (avoiding my eyes). This product is fab when your skin is looking dull and is screaming what a late night you’ve had. I’ve heard of people having actual shots of B12 so a product containing it is obviously going to do a lot of good. It helps to improve micro-circulation for better skin tone and it helps to reawaken and plump up the skin. It contains high levels of vitamin B12, B3 and brown algae, it includes twelve amino acids, hyaluronic acid, centella and ginseng. This is a product most of us need on our shelves.
4) I then apply a small amount of the Caudalie ‘Vinosource S.O.S Morning Eye Rescue’* on to my eye contours. This product feels so lightweight and once you start to dab it in to the skin it feels like it turns into a watery cream. The reason for this is because it is made up of grape water which soothes and moisturises. It also contains hyaluronic acid to plump up the skin and white tea to reduce puffiness and to boast circulation. It is extremely gentle and contains no parabens, sulphates or artificial fragrances. We really should take care of the skin around our eyes because it is so delicate and is quick to age. Therefore, because this product is so lightweight and feels gentle on the skin I really recommend you trying it.
5) Once my skin has soaked in the above products I then apply the Time Bomb ‘Glory Days Day Cream’* to my face and neck. This is a moisturiser which also acts as a brightener, a makeup primer and evens skin tone and I just love a multi purpose product! It is a white cream with a slight pink iridescence to it and is thick in consistency – kind of reminds me of Sudocrem (as does the smell… slightly)! It makes your skin feel extremely smooth and instantly plumper and tighter which I was surprised at. I love that it is a primer too so I’m saving money, time and I’m instantly ready to start my makeup.