A while back whilst watching Jaclyn Hill’s snapchat I saw her swatch the Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminators on to her hand and as their glow beamed into her phone I knew I had to get my hands on one as soon as they came to the UK. Last week whilst scrolling on CultBeauty I discovered they were finally available. I wasn’t sure which shade to go for at first but decided that So Hollywood would be best for my skin tone. It is a true golden goddess shade, the other illuminators in the collection have hints of gold but are infused with other tones.
This beautiful highlighter comes packaged in a gorgeous round compact, with a mirror, and the pressed powder product is embossed with an art deco style print. After swatching my brush just once and applying it to my cheekbones,cupid bow and nose I was left with a beautiful glow from within because it is such a pigmented product. However, I like to be as glowy as possible on my cheek bones so swatched the product onto my brush about 3 times for the look I achieved above. This product isn’t the cheapest highlight on the market at £28 ($28 in the USA, so a lot cheaper!) but it truly is stunning and lets be real highlighters last a pretty long time – especially ones with great pigmentation.
I’m very impressed with this product and to be honest every Anastasia Beverly Hills product I have tried I have been impressed with!
Buy them HERE if you’re from the UK
Buy them HERE if you’re from the USA
L-R MAC 242, Sigma E25, Sigma F75, Sigma E30, Sigma E40
If you could see my dressing table you would notice my massive collection of brushes which always continues to grow. Having the correct tools to create a makeup look helps tremendously, so today I am letting you know my TOP 5 MUST HAVE eyeshadow brushes which I use in every eyeshadow look I create. Gone are the days of sponge applicators!
- MAC 242 Shader Brush – this synthetic brush is to apply cream or powder products from concealer to eyeshadow. I find it applies eyeshadow to the base of my lid perfectly, helping the eyeshadow to remain as pigmented as possible because of its soft yet compact bristles. The shape of the brush helps keep your precision perfect and follows the base of the lid perfectly.
- Sigma E25 Blending Brush – This blending brush is great for applying product to the crease as it blends but because its not a large blending brush it keeps the product nearer to where you want it whilst smoothing out any harsh lines. I also like using this brush to add eyeshadow to the outer corner of the eye and blending shades under the lower lash line after using the pencil brush.
- Sigma F75 Concealer Brush – Despite this brush technically being a concealer brush I use it to apply inner corner (tear duct area) eyeshadows and for brow bone highlight shades. The bristles are compact and flat so obviously works well with cream products too – similarly to the MAC 242 but a lot larger.
- Sigma E30 Pencil Brush – The perfect brush for applying eyeshadows to the lower lash line. This pencil brush is the perfect size, as its not to large, so you can add a small amount of product keeping quite close to the lash line or you can bring the eyeshadow as low as you like. As this brush is tapered it helps with precision of the product. This brush is also great at smudging out pencil liner for a smokey look.
- Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush – This is the best blending brush in my opinion. It seamlessly blends all of the shadows so perfectly. This brush is a lot larger than the E25 so works great for transition shades higher up the crease. This is the brush which everyone needs for the perfect eyeshadow look. The E35 brush comes a close 2nd but the E40 can’t be beaten in my opinion.
BUY SIGMA BRUSHES HERE
BUY MAC BRUSHES HERE
I rarely do monthly beauty favourites because when I LOVE something I use it for months on end. However, the month of August was a time when I fell in love with quite a lot of new beauty bits and renewed love for products I’d had for a while.
Sorry I didn’t take individual images of the products but I think my descriptions will let you know what is what. Each title will also be a clickable link to the product.
- Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette – This is such a stunning palette full of warm deliciousness for the eyes. If you didn’t know (you probably did) I adore warm tones and this palette is perfect for that love of mine. The pigmentation is so amazing, especially for the price – Its only £15.50! Such an affordable yet wonderful palette. I have used this palette in two tutorials which you can find on my channel.
- Rodial Instaglam Compact Duluxe Contouring Powder #3 – This cool toned powder is the most perfect contouring shade and works great for my skin tone when I’m fair and when I have fake tanned. The quality is amazing and the packaging is very sturdy and beautiful with its faux leather case and mirror. This is definitely a luxury product at £52 but a very good one at that.
- Urban Decay NAKED SMOKY Palette – I fell in love with this palette as soon as I saw it. The packaging is divine and the shades are beautiful. You can check out my review HERE to see exactly my thoughts on this product. It costs £38.
- Too Faced Love Flush Blush ‘Love Hangover’ – I must admit the reason I purchased this blush was because of the gorgeous packaging – it screams Polly Pocket, so cute. Love Hangover is a coral pink shade (described online as a perfect warm pink) which looks so beautiful on tanned skin. I perhaps wouldn’t have bought this shade if i’d seen it in real life (I got in online) as I can only wear it with a tan if not it looks too bold but its beautiful all the same. The powder has the cutest embossed print of bunnies – yes bunnies! I love that I have this product in my collection. This cost me $26.
- MAC Eyeshadow ‘Coppering’ – An absolutely stunning warm coppery-red shade. I have been obsessed with this shade. It is quite a bold shade so it is definitely eye-catching. The pigmentation is fantastic. I bought the refill pan, which is £10, as I just popped it inside my Z palette.
- MAC Eyeshadow ‘Antiqued’ – A beautiful warm bronze brown shade. This looks so beautiful on the base of the lid. I adore it. I like teaming it with ‘coppering’. Again, the pigmentation is wonderful and blends beautifully. Its £10 for the refill pan.
- Dior Addict Lip Maximizer ‘006 Beige Sunrise’ – This peppermint scented lip gloss with collagen is said to plump the lips. Now, I’m now actually sure if it does that but it definitely gives the lips a drenched effect making them look super juicy. The gloss lasts for hours and I even like the look it gives when it is wearing off. The shade is a nude but the colour is very subtle. Such a stunning product. This costs £23.50 and is low in stock so be quick!
- Becca X Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector ‘Champagne Pop’ – I think every beauty lover who got their hands on this stunning highlight will be obsessed. It is a gorgeous light golden shade with peachy undertones which highlights the face so intensely with just one sweep of product. HIGHLIGHT ON FLEEK!!! I wish I had a back up of this product because it is my favourite highlighter of all time. You can’t purchase this in the UK unfortunately but you can still buy it for $38 from Sephora. If you want this you’ll have to be quick as its limited edition.
- Too Faced Perfect Lips ‘Perfect Nude’ Lip Liner – This is my all time favourite lip liner. It is the perfect nude so the name is ideal for the product. I love the creamy texture which glides around the lips easily. I like to line my lips with this product and sometimes fill the whole of the lips in as it creates such a lovely lip shade. When not wearing alone I will top with a nude lipstick such as the one I mention below or Kimchi Doll from Gerard Cosmetics or Myth from MAC. This costs £15.
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick ‘How Tropical’ – I’m not sure the name matches the shade of this lippy but i’ll let that go. This is a beautiful creamy nude shade. I’ve been loving wearing this on top of the Too Faced lip liner I mentioned above as it gives that ideal nude I’ve been looking for. This nude shade adds a slight sheen to the lips. I love it. If you like Myth you’ll love this. It costs £15.50.
- Paco Rabanne Olympea Perfume 50ml – Ok, I can’t describe smells very well at all but this is AMAZING!!! I urge you to go get a sample! It is my favourite perfume of the moment and the copper packaging is gorgeous too. 50ml costs £53.50.
- Fake Bake Platinum Anti-Aging Self Tan Lotion For Face – This tanning product has been a saviour this month. OK, I’m sure you’ll all agree sometimes we just cannot be bothered to tan our whole bodies right?! Well, my face and neck are a lot lighter than the rest of my body at the moment so for the past month I have been applying this wonderful product to my face and neck in the mornings (not every morning though!). I like the fact it is moisturising on the skin unlike most tanning products. I will definitely be repurchasing this for the colder months when we’re covered up from head to toe so my neck and face can remain nice and bronzed ;) it costs £25.
What have your favourites been this month??
I’m sat here at my laptop feeling so overwhelmed with how much of a positive response I have had about #MYBEAUTIFULSTRUGGLE. It has been a week since I uploaded it to YouTube and its had over 60K views which has made me smile from ear to ear. On Sunday I decided it may be easier for people to spread the message by uploading it to Facebook and I am literally stunned at how many of you have watched it…4 MILLION!!! I can’t even put into words what that means to me. I am so glad that my one of my struggles and how I overcame it seems to have inspired so many of you.
I was so unbelievable anxious last week before I made the video live for you to see because I wanted to do it justice if I was going to do this video. I am so glad that I uploaded it. Without you guys it would never have been a video I considered but your constant support over the years has made me braver and stronger. This video is more than makeup and I think most of you get that.
I have to say A MASSIVE THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all of the heartwarming positive comments and messages I’ve received. There has been thousands and I wish I could reply to every single one but it really is quite difficult. I will reply to as many as I can at some point BUT know that it is appreciated. The fact that you’re sharing your stories with me is such a privilege.
I just want you to know how much you’ve made my day/week/month/year! Please keep sharing My Beautiful Struggle!
Have a wonderful day xx
My Youtube Channel
My Facebook Page
“Like contouring and highlighting teaches us, where there is darkness there is always light, thats the same with life. No matter what hardship you are going through know that even in the darkest times there will be a light shining brighter”. – Jordan Bone
After I wrote my ‘Whats wrong with your hands?‘ post I had this thought in the back of my my mind that I could make it into a video but didn’t know if I should bother. However, yesterday when racking my brain for video ideas I decided it was the perfect time. Not only will this video help people in my situation, with my struggle, but it may help anyone who is going through a tough time. I truly hope this inspires so many people. I am proud yet anxious to share this vulnerable video with you. Please share this video and help spread my message.
Share one of your struggles in the comments below.
Thank you xo